I have a website with Google Adsense and also a CRM software which I brought after getting apprised from https://www.salesforce.com/hub/crm/benefits-of-crm/ of how it’d help me manage my interactions with customers. I would like to increase your adsense revenue without increasing your daily visitors, then this article is money in your pocket. I recently stumbled through this and the results have been incredible. Lucky for you I’m going to lay out exactly what you need to do. These are some very simple steps that you can do today that will instantly increase your adsense revenue overnight…seriously. So let’s get started.
I was going to do a screencast of this, but wasn’t sure what data would violate any Google terms of service agreements. So, as much as I love all ya’ll I’m taking the safe route and will just list the steps necessary.
First off, you need to have a Google Analytics account and the analytics tracking installed throughout your website. If you don’t have Google Analytics, just click the link above to go sign up. The next step (if you don’t already have this) is the most important step: you have to link your adsense and analytics accounts together. If you don’t have them linked, you can go to Google’s Adsense Blog and click the link that says “interest form” at the top of the article on the page. Fill out that form and you should get linked up fairly quickly. Once you have adsense, analytics, and they are linked together you will need to wait at least 24 hours for Google to start providing some decent data. Once you have some data to look at you’re good to go!
So here’s where it all happens…here is exactly how to dramatically increase your adsense revenue.
- Login to Google Analytics, choose your website profile, and then click on Content on the left side of the page and then Adsense and finally Top Adsense Content. Here is where the magic happens.
- At the bottom of that table, choose to show 25 or 50 rows so that you get a good sample of pages
- Next, sort the rows by eCPM (estimated cost per thousand impressions). This shows you the pages that earn you the most money…in order. That rocks! While this is awesome, don’t stop here! You’ll miss a very important step!
- Now…take a look at the next column over…CTR (click through rate), which is the percentage of clicks those ads get. You need to find the pages with high CTRs…as well as a decent number of page impressions. The page impressions are important as higher page impressions mean more accurate data for the eCPM and CTRs.
- Jot down your #1 page….the one with a high eCPM, high CTR, and decent amount of impressions. This is your money-maker and the golden egg of your research. Well done! Now the fun stuff…
You can grab a couple of the next highest pages with high eCPM, high CTR, and high impressions, but picking just one page will yield great results…and choosing just one will help you get something implemented right away and see how it works.
Ok, so you have your bread-winning URL…the MacDaddy of all the pages on your site. What do you do with it? This is where it gets crazy cool, so buckle up.
Think of your website as a funnel. All of your pages are the top of the funnel. What you want to do is take everyone that lands on your pages and funnel them into your “Big Kahuna Page”. To illustrate it, I put together this incredibly detailed and fancy graphic.
Ok, so now you see what I mean by “funnel”. The graphic may not be fancy and detailed, but you get the point. Simply put, no matter how a user gets to your site you want them to end up on your money page. Here are some tips to make that happen.
- Sitewide links – This is an obvious and easy action to take, which is where you can immediately increase your adsense revenue. To make it even stronger, think of it as more than a standard “link” on all of your pages. Consider featuring it as a cool graphic or an obvious “button” that entices the user to click. Also, if it is a sitewide link then it has the added benefit of looking more important to search engines, which can help your money page rank higher…double sweet!
- Share the URL in your social networks (you are social…right?) or on any other website/forum/ect where people visit. Don’t spam it, though…unless you want to kiss your money page goodbye.
- Consider guest posting on another blog/website and pointing a link back to your money page
- Do some keyword research to see if you can rank your page higher in search engines. Is the page about a certain topic that is highly searched? Is there much competition? I’ll get into keyword research methods in another post, but I use a combination of Google Adwords’ Keyword Tool and Nichebot. That should lead you down the rabbit hole.
There are many ways to get visitors to your money page, but those few should help increase adsense revenue dramatically.
So there you have it. Basically, find your high eCPM/CTR page(s) and funnel your traffic to those pages. It really is that simple. That’s my google adsense secret. If you have other methods to increase visits to a single page or have anything you’d like to add to this, please share it in the comments below.